27 August 2013

The Inbetween

Just thought I'd throw an update here.  It feels like ages ago since my last cycle even though it wasn't.  In between then and now I have had a birthday which makes me 39.  When thinking about fertility, your age makes you stressed.  There just isn't any way around that.  So I try not to dwell on it too much.

Originally I thought I would do my third cycle in September or October.  Right now I feel October would be better for me.  August has been a ridiculously busy month and I need to get back into a normal routine.  I'm also considering some acupuncture.  Not just for fertility stuff as I'm not particularly convinced it's helpful.  But for stress.  I am generally very stressed these days and I don't think that helps with making my body a fertile place.  I am only going to have one more shot at this, so I need to feel I've done what I can.  Obviously I should also lose some weight, but that's not particularly happening.

It looks like I will end up paying for my third cycle without parental help.  It is what it is.  I know I'm very lucky that my mother helped with the first two cycles.  Still, it is a horribly expensive process.

I also spend a lot of time thinking about jobs and life after my PhD which is nearing its end (hence a lot of the stress).  When I think about jobs and the future I find I fixate on where I can get good maternity cover.  It's not that I have given up on meeting someone and having a partner, but I feel this tremendous time pressure.  I just don't want to be that old and have a baby.  So probably something I want to do in the next 2-3 years.  Scary.  Getting eggs is one thing.  Thinking about babies is something else entirely.

Anyway.  I need to make a follow up appointment with my clinic and order the next round of drugs.  Obviously I'm going for Healthcare at Home!!  I also want to see if I can get to see the clinic psychologist to talk through my stress and baby thoughts.  After all, it's included in my cycle costs.

In the meantime, I am just enjoying my time off from the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment