- On the 19th day after the first day of your period, you start taking Norethisterone (5mg) twice a day for 8 days. For me, this starts on the 29th of January.
- On the 8th day (last day of the Norethisterone) you come in for a scan to assess the ovaries. If the ovaries are okay (or in my case, ovary), you are given your stimulation medication to start on day 2 of your period. For me, this is the 5th of February.
- Your period should start 2-5 days after finishing the Norethisterone.
- Start stimulation injections on day 2 of your period. Day one is considered the day of a full-flow period that starts before noon. If your period starts after noon, then the following day is considered day one. For me, this is around the 10th of February.
- On day 4 of your injections, you start with an additional daily injection of Cetrotide. For me, this is around the 13th of February.
- 4-7 days after the start of Gonal F/Merional and as needed until follicles reach the correct size- takes approximately 3 scans.
- The trigger shot (hCG Ovitrelle) is done at exactly 37 hours prior to egg collection.
- Egg collection! For me around the 22nd of February, if everything else goes to plan!
This blog documents my personal journey with egg freezing. I had 3 cycles while I was 38-39 in 2013. I have one ovary and live in the UK. Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments.
15 January 2013
I thought I'd put the egg freezing schedule here for two reasons. First, so I don't have to keep looking up the email, and also because I found it very difficult to find a clear "schedule" of the process when I was looking up egg freezing and IVF. I'm sure it's actually all over the place, but one more can't hurt.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment